Police blotter for Feb. 15, 2015
February 15, 2016
• A 18-year-old female was arrested on the charge of retail theft in the 2000 block of North Neil Street around 11:50 a.m. Friday.
According to the report, the offender stole several items of clothing from the Macy’s at Marketplace Mall when she tried to hide them in a shopping bag without paying.
• A burglary was reported in the 1200 block of Redwood Dr., around 2:15 a.m. on Friday.
According to the report, a gun was stolen from the residency but no serial number was known. The police have not located a suspect at this time.
• A 19-year-old female was arrested on the charge of possession of drug paraphernalia at 500 West Goodwin Avenue around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
According to the report, someone called the police after seeing the offender smoking out of her car in the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts parking lot.
• An 20-year-old male was charged with retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore at 809 South Wright Street around 4 p.m. Tuesday.
According to the report, the offender was trying to leave the story without paying for four pencils, which had a retail value of $28.30.
• Credit card fraud was reported in the 400 block of West University Avenue around 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, the offender and victim were romantically involved and the offender was using the victim’s credit card to make purchases without her permission while intoxicated.
• Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1000 block of Kerr Ave. around 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
According to the report, the victim’s money was stolen from the car, but nothing else was reported missing.
Compiled by MaryCate Most