Fewer buses, road construction during spring break, no buses Sunday, March 27
March 21, 2016
Commuters on campus may need to reschedule their normal routes due to road closures and
reduced MTD bus service during spring break. The buses will either be not running or traveling routes less
frequently from Monday, March 21, to Saturday, March 26.
There will be no buses Sunday, March 27ss.
All buses will return to the normal schedule Monday, March 28ss.
– The southbound lane of Sixth Street will be closed starting
at the south curb of Gregory Drive and continuing 100 feet south of Gregory
Drive. It is expected to reopen, Friday, March 25, at 3:30 p.m.
– The eastbound lane of Gregory Drive will be closed from
First Street to Arbor. Traffic rerouting is necessary to allow work on the curb
near Ikenberry Commons. The westbound lane will be unaffected. It is expected
to reopen Saturday, March 26, at 5:00 p.mss.
– On Monday, the southbound lane of Dorner Drive will be
closed between the F29 parking deck and the Plant Science Lab for the removal
of a tree. It is expected to reopen Monday at 3:00 p.mss.
MTD reduced schedule
– SafeRides will have one bus from 7:00p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Monday through Saturdayss.
– 2 Red Express will not be in service Monday to Fridayss.
– 50 Green Late Night will not run from Monday to Saturdayss.
– 12/120 Teal late night service will not run from Monday to Saturdayss. The 20-minute daytime service will run from Monday to Fridayss. Daytime weekend hours will be the samess.
– 13 Silver will run 20-minute daytime service from Monday to Fridayss. 130 Silver is limited from Monday to Saturday.
– 22/220 Illini service will be limited from Monday to Saturday.
– 100 Yellow Late Night will not run from Monday to Saturdayss.