Police blotter for April 12, 2016
April 11, 2016
– A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charge of armed robbery in the 400 block of East Clark Street around 10:30 p.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s cell phone using a firearm. The offender was arrested on the charges of unlawful use of weapons, defacing identifying marks of a firearm, and resisting/obstructing an officer. EW http://archive.ci.champaign.il.us/cpd-reports/arms/CPD4547.PDF (pg 14)
– An 18-year-old male was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence in the 800 block of South First Street around 8:30 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, the offender crashed his car into two parked vehicles and was then arrested for a DUI. EW http://archive.ci.champaign.il.us/cpd-reports/arms/CPD4547.PDF (pg 11-12)
– Damage to a vehicle was reported in the 0-100 block of East Gregory Drive and took place sometime overnight on April 8-9.
According to the report, the side mirror of the victim’s vehicle had been broken off. The expected cost to repair the damage is estimated $501. EW http://illinois.edu/lb/iList/2646
– A 46-year-old male was arrested on the charge of criminal trespassing on state-supported land at the Digital Computer Lab, 1304 West Springfield Ave, around midnight on Friday.
According to the report, police were called to the scene after someone recognized the offender and was aware the offender had been issued a no-trespassing notice for University of Illinois property. EW http://illinois.edu/lb/iList/2646
– A 57-year-old male was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence in the 1100 block of North Cunningham Avenue around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, the offender was involved in a minor accident in a business parking lot. He admitted to drinking alcohol prior to driving, but when submitted to the hospital for chemical testing, he refused. He was then taken to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office. EW https://www2.city.urbana.il.us/_Police_Media_Reports/UPD7020.PDF (pg 3)
– Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1200 block of East University Avenue around 8:30 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s property, and damaged a concrete planter and a truck bed topper. EW https://www2.city.urbana.il.us/_Police_Media_Reports/UPD7020.PDF (pg 1)
Compiled by Vivienne Henning