Police blotter for August 23, 2016

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

•  A 23-year-old woman was arrested on the charge of a hit and run at Bergner’s in the 2000 block of North Neil Street around 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender and one other woman stole merchandise from the store and struck a security vehicle as they fled the scene. The offender’s vehicle was located and they were subsequently arrested.

•  A theft was reported in the 600 block of West Green Street around 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the victim lost their wallet while they were walking to their residence. They lost items including their driver’s license, money and credit cards.

• A credit card theft was reported in the 200 block of East Green Street around 11:30 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the offender had used a U. of I. student’s credit card to purchase $57 worth of drinks at a bar. The police were contacted after an additional transaction was declined. The manager was also informed by the card’s owner that the purchases at the bar had not been authorized.

• A 28-year-old man was arrested on the charge of driving with a revoked license at the corner of Green and Wright Streets around 1:00 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the offender’s vehicle was initially stopped due to their failure to signal a turn.

• A theft was reported in the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the offender removed items, including electronic gaming systems and clothing, from packages that had been left in front of the victim’s apartment door.

• A theft was reported in the 1200 block of East Florida Avenue around 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender stole a bicycle that was in front of the victim’s apartment complex.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning