130 students recognized as Chancellor Scholars

By Lilly Mashayek, Staff Writer

The hard work and dedication of over one hundred and thirty underclassmen has gotten them recognized as Chancellor’s Scholars at the University.

They’ve been selected to be a part of the Campus Honors Program, a four-year general studies program that admits up to 125 freshmen each year and up to 20 additional students at the beginning of their sophomore year.

The Chancellor’s Scholars, selected from a pool of 7,000 students, are chosen for their “academic excellence and leadership potential,” according to the Campus Honors Program website.

The program is open to all undergraduate students in any curriculum and offers seminars and small-enrollment honors classes.

Students experience close student-faculty interaction that is fostered by a mentor system, a series of general interest lectures, international programming and visits to the Krannert Center for Performing Arts for dress rehearsals. Summer research and travel grants are also available to students.

According to the Campus Honors Program website, “Most important, CHP is a challenge. A Chancellor’s Scholar must make a special commitment to intellectual life, and to the dialogue and community in the Honors House.”