Police blotter for August 29, 2016
August 29, 2016
- A theft was reported at Meijer in the 2400 block of North Prospect Avenue around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender had stolen multiple items — electronic equipment, liquor and a backpack —over the course of two months.
- A robbery was reported in the 2000 block of West Bradley Avenue around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender stole a cell phone, credit cards and money from the victim. The whereabouts of the offender are currently unknown.
- A bicycle theft was reported at the Illini Union in the 1401 block of West Green Street between the hours of 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday.According to the report, the bicycle had been locked to a rack and has an estimated value of $50.
- A 67-year-old male was given a state of Illinois notice to appear in court for criminal trespassing on state-supported property at the corner of Mathews Avenue and Oregon street around 2:00 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, police were initially called to the scene by a security officer who had recognized the offender. They were aware that the offender had previously been issued a no-trespassing notice for University property.
- A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1400 block of East Washington Street around 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.According to the report, an unidentified offender broke into the victim’s vehicle while it was parked by a local bar. The offender stole the victim’s keys, credit cards, purse and CDs.
- A 22-year-old female was reported on the charge of retail theft at the Dollar General in the 1500 block of Cunningham Avenue around 10:30 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, the offender took money and other items from her employer over the course of six weeks. The offender was issued a state notice to appear for retail theft, a trespass notice, and was escorted out of the store.
Compiled by Vivienne Henning