Police Blotter for August 29, 2016
August 30, 2016
- An aggravated battery was reported at Red Lion in the 200 block of East Green Street around 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, the victim was battered by at least three currently unidentified offenders.
- A theft was reported at Chester Street Bar in the 00 block of Chester Street around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, the victim reported that their wallet, as well as their cell phone and credit cards, were taken out of their friend’s purse while they were inside the bar.
- A bicycle theft was reported at the Materials Science and Engineering Building, 1304 W. Green St., around 3:30 p.m on Thursday.
According to the report, the victim’s bike had been locked to a rack and possesses an estimated value of $100.
- An 18-year-old female was issued a notice to appear in court for retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
According to the report, the bookstore’s security personnel notified police after the offender attempted to leave the store without paying for a book, whose retail value was around $26.
- A retail theft was reported at Walmart in the 100 block of South High Cross Road around noon on Sunday.
According to the report, two unidentified offenders hid several DVDs in their clothing and left the store without paying for them.
- A domestic dispute and criminal damage to property was reported in the 1200 block of Hill Street around 10 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, the offender broke the window on the back door of the victim’s residence and also damaged the fender of their car. The offender fled the scene and has yet to be located.
Compiled by Vivienne Henning