Police Blotter for September 7, 2016

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

Police blotter for Sept. 7, 2016

– A 20-year-old female was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence in the 300 block of West Kirby around 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the offender was found passed out in the driver’s seat of her car and was subsequently arrested for a DUI.

– A residential burglary was reported in the 1700 block of Hedge Road around 7:00 p.m on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim reported that his handgun was missing from his friend’s residence.

– A 26-year-old male was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence at the corner of Wright Street and Chalmers Street around 2:30 a.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the offender was initially stopped for running a stop sign.

– Damage to property was reported at Altgeld Hall, 1409 West Green Street, around 9 a.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, a window had been broken with the estimated cost to replace the window coming to $1,500. It is unknown when the damage transpired.

– A 21-year-old male was arrested on the charge of aggravated battery in the 700 block of South Sixth Street around 2:00 a.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, police officers were called to the scene after the offender allegedly picked up a chair at a bar and struck the victim on the head, resulting in a deep cut.

– An 18-year-old female was arrested on the charge of retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 South Wright Street, around 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the bookstore’s security personnel called police officers after seeing the offender leave the store without paying for clothing items. They had a total retail value of over $350.

– An 18-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving with a suspended license and possessing cannabis near Walnut Street and Main Street around 11:00 p.m on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender was initially stopped by police officers because a records check had indicated that their license had been suspended.

– A retail theft was reported at a Walmart in the 100 block of South High Cross Road around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the offender concealed merchandise on their person and attempted to leave the store without payment. They were stopped by a loss prevention officer.

– An attempted residential burglary was reported in the 1400 block of Eastern Drive around 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unidentified offender attempted to break into the victim’s residence by forcing the first floor sliding glass door. When the victim confronted the offender, they fled and have not yet been located.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning