Police Blotter for September 21, 2016

By Sabrina Yan, News Reporter

A 55-year-old female was arrested on the charge of theft at Walmart, in the 2600 block of North Prospect Avenue around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. 

According to the report, the offender had entered the store and had attempted to conceal merchandise without making a purchase.

A robbery was reported in the 1200 block of Joanne Lane around 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim had been robbed while responding to an ad on Craigslist. The offender stole several items from the victim including keys, cellular phone and identification items.

Nothing to report.

An aggravated battery was reported in the 1500 block of East Washington Street around 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim was approached by two offenders. Offender two battered the victim while offender one blocked her path of escape. Police made contact with offender one but she denied any involvement. The location of offender two is still unknown.

A 26-year-old female was arrested on the charges of traffic violation, possession of cannabis and possession of drug equipment at Circle K, in the 500 block of West University Avenue, around 3 a.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, a police officer initially pulled the offender over for disobeying a traffic control signal. During the traffic stop, it was discovered that the offender had cannabis and cannabis paraphernalia in her possession. She was then issued a citation and two state of Illinois notices to appear court.

Compiled by Sabrina Yan