Police Blotter for September 26, 2016

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

• A first degree murder was reported in the 300 block of East Green Street around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, police officers responded to several reports of shots having been fired. When they arrived at the scene, there were four gunshot victims.

• A 41-year-old male was arrested on the charges of criminal damage to property and battery in the 800 block of West Church Street around 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender had previously broken the victim’s window and was subsequently issued a state notice to appear in court. The offender returned and caused more damage to the window and some of the broken glass cut one of the victims. The offender was subsequently arrested.

• A burglary from a motor vehicle and a case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 400 block of North State Street around 1 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the unidentified offender broke the window of the victim’s car and stole their skateboard.

• A shooting occurred in the 300 block of East Green Street around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, four victims, one of whom was a University student, were found by police officers. A 22-year-old male from Mundelein, Illinois, later died from the injuries he had sustained in the shooting. A fifth victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries after they had been hit by a vehicle as they were fleeing the area. The location and identity of the offender are still being investigated by the police officers.

• A robbery was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, in the 200 block of East Peabody Drive, between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the victim’s cellphone and wallet were stolen from an unlocked locker. The cellphone possesses a value of approximately $500 and fraudulent charges totaling around $23 were made to the victim’s credit card.

• A robbery was reported in the 1300 block of South First Street between the times of 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the victim’s cellphone had been stolen from the soccer fields. The cellphone is estimated to possess a value of around $600.

• A shooting was reported in the 300 block of East Green Street around 12:30 a.m on Sunday.

According to the report, multiple victims were shot by an unidentified offender in the Champaign area. The Urbana Police Department assisted the victims by administering medical aid.

• A theft was reported at Circle K, in the 500 block of West University Avenue, around 2 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender stole cigarettes without paying for them. The offender was then contacted and they returned and paid for the stolen items. The store was accepting of the payment.

• Credit card fraud was reported at Manolo’s Pizza, in the 1100 block of West Oregon Street, around noon on Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender had used the victim’s credit card number to make several fraudulent purchases.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning