Police blotter for Oct. 3, 2016

By Daily Illini Staff Report

• Disorderly conduct was reported in the 1600 block of Hedge Road around 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the victim was being harassed by an unknown suspect.

• A domestic battery was reported at Olive Garden, 30 East Anthony Drive around 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the 59-year-old offender battered the victim.

• A 32-year-old woman was arrested on the charge of forgery at First United Methodist, 210 West Church St. around 11 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the offender changed a check amount.

• A male university student reported a stolen cellphone at the Activities and Recreational Center, 201 East Peabody Drive,around 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the cellphone valued at $850 was stolen from an unlocked locker.

• A 20-year-old man was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear for retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 South Wright St. around 3 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, store security observed the offender ripping off the bar-code of a textbook before hiding it in his backpack.

• A male university student reported a cellphone had been stolen from the soccer field between 7 and 8 p.m. on Tuesday in the 1300 block of South First St., Champaign

According to the report, the estimated value of the phone is $800.

• A burglary was reported in the 1800 block of Cottage Grove around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and stole jewelry from her within the last two weeks. Four pieces of jewelry and a jewelry-necklace were stolen from the apartment.

• A domestic battery was reported in the 1700 block of the Florida Ave. around 8:00 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, there was an argument between a 46-year-old male and a 36-year-old woman after the man entered the apartment. Both parties alleged that the argument turned physical, but the officer found no proof of a physical altercation. The male left with the child against the mother’s wishes, who he claims was too intoxicated to care for the child. The officer declared that the female was able to care for this child and returned the child to the female.