Police blotter for Oct. 5, 2016

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Lilly Mashayek, Staff Writer

• A theft was reported at Guidos Bar & Grill, in the 00 block of Main Street at 12 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim’s wallet was stolen by an unknown man. He was also battered by two other men at the bar.

• A 20-year-old male was arrested for a burglary in the 200 block of Avondale Avenue at 6 a.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, no property was stolen.

• A theft was reported at the Target in the 2100 block of North Prospect Avenue at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the victim had left their wallet at the checkout lane. When the victim returned to the store to get the wallet, it had been given to the wrong person.

•  A theft was reported in the 100 block of South Wright Street in Urbana between 2:30 and 4:00 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the value of the stolen items is estimated to be $395.

• A 56-year-old man was issued a notice to appear in court at University Avenue and Fifth Street in Champaign at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender was previously arrested on Aug. 29 for failing to appear in court for possession of a controlled substance.

• A theft was reported in the 1100 block of Austin Drive at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the theft occurred after the victim and offender were engaged in a verbal altercation. The value of the property stolen is estimated to be over $500.

• A 44-year-old man and 23-year-old woman were arrested for theft at Walmart in the 100 block of High Cross Road at 12:00 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, one of the offenders stole a food item from the store, which was then returned for cash by the second offender.

• A theft was reported in the 2700 block of Cunningham Avenue at 9:00 a.m. on Monday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole around $4000 worth of tools from an unlocked trailer and parking lot.

Compiled by Lilly Mashayek