Green Day set to make appearance at State Farm Center

By Ashley Harris, Contributing Writer

The State Farm Center has added another concert to their list of events this upcoming spring.

The concert will be performances from a 90s’ favorite: punk-rock band Green Day.

Punk-rock band Against Me! will be opening for Green Day throughout the tour. Green Day is coming to Champaign-Urbana to promote their new album “Revolution Radio.”

“Part of what we are charged with while working with programming is bringing a variety of different concerts,” said Brad Swanson, assistant director of marketing and sales. “We hope to bring a variety of people and appeal to new demographics.”

Green Day was the perfect band to appeal to their rock fans, Swanson said.

The concert is set for March 28, 2017. Tickets will be available for pre-sale on Oct. 12. These pre-sale tickets are available exclusively for the Idiot Nation fan club members.

Tickets for the general public are going out Oct. 14. Student discounts are offered for certain seating areas.

Besides Green Day, there have been numerous other concerts scheduled in the State Farm Center. There are three concerts back-to-back during the weekend of Oct. 27. These concerts feature country singer Dierks Bentley, rock band The 1975 and the a capella group Pentatonix.