Police blotter for October 13, 2016

By Daily Illini Staff Report

– Theft was reported in the 200 block of East Green Street around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole several construction signs and equipment.

– Theft and fraud were reported in the 300 block of East Green Street around 12:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, the victim reported that their wallet had either been stolen or was lost. An unknown offender then used the victim’s credit cards to withdraw funds and make purchases. The victim’s keys and driver’s license were also stolen.

– A bicycle theft was reported at Busey-Evans Residence Hall, 1111 W. Nevada St., between 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bicycle, which had been left unlocked and unattended. The bike has an estimated value of $150.

– A 20-year-old male was arrested on the charge of retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 4:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, security personnel noticed the offender attempting to leave the bookstore without paying for clothing and textbooks, and subsequently called the police. The items the offender tried to steal were valued around $510.

– A 26-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery and criminal damage to property in the 400 block of East Elm Street around 6:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, the offender and victim, who are in a dating relationship, got into an argument which led to the offender taking the victim’s phone and breaking it. The victim then attempted to walk away but the offender grabbed her by the throat, slapped her several times and threw her to the ground.

– A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1300 block of Eads Street around 7:00 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender had damaged the window of the victim’s vehicle and stole cash.