Police Blotter for October 18

By Daily Illini Staff Report, Staff Reporter

A battery was reported at McDonald’s in the 1600 block of South Neil Street around 12 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim was battered by the offender. The offender fled the scene before police arrived.

A 35-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 100 block of East Green Street around 10 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim was grabbed aggressively by the offender during an argument.

A 19-year-old male was arrested near the intersection of University Avenue and Sixth Street around 9 p.m. on Saturday on the charge of failure to appear in court. According to the report, the offender was initially stopped by police officers for disobeying a traffic signal.

A 21-year-old male was arrested near the intersection of First Street and Green Street around 6 p.m. on Sunday on the charges of possession of a controlled substance and failure to appear in court. According to the report, a police officer recognized the offender and knew the offender had a warrant. While being arrested, a small bag of cocaine was also found on the offender’s person.

A 26-year-old male was arrested in the 2100 block of East Washington Street around 1 a.m. on Sunday on the charges of intimidation and aggravated assault. According to the report, the offender assaulted a police officer and additionally threatened to murder the officer.

A noise disturbance was reported in the 800 block of West Illinois Street around 11:00 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, police arrived on the scene in response to the report of a loud party and found people on the roof of the residence. They were asked to vacate for safety reasons and were issued a city notice to appear in court.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning