Blotter for Nov. 1

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 41-year-old female was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 200 block of South Country Fair around 3:30 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the police arrived on the scene in response to a report of a domestic dispute.

A 44-year-old male was arrested on the charge of battery in the 400 block of East Vine Street around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim and was subsequently arrested.

Theft was reported at Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St. sometime between Tuesday and Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender robbed the victim of his locked bicycle, with a value of about $100.

A 35-year-old male was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence in the 0-100 block of East St. Mary’s Road at around 11 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect was initially  pulled over due to passing a stop sign.

Burglary was reported at Japan House, 2000 S. Lincoln Ave., around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, police officers had seen a shattered glass door and found out that a cash donation box was taken.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 800 block of East Kerr around 9:30 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender had entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole their purse. A briefcase, keys, credit cards and a cellular phone were also stolen.

An aggravated battery and discharge of a firearm were reported in the 1100 block of South Lierman around midnight on Sunday. According to the report, the first victim was shot in the abdomen by an unknown offender. The second victim’s vehicle was shot as she was driving down the street. There is no available suspect information at this time.

Compiled by Olivia Okocha