Police blotter for November 3, 2016

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police blotter for November 3, 2016

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

An aggravated assault was reported near the intersection of William and Randolph streets around 4 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender had displayed a gun to the victim and told them to leave the area. The victim reportedly was not harmed.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 100 block of South First Street around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender took the victim’s wallet out of their unlocked vehicle. Some of the items stolen include credit cards, a purse and the victim’s drivers license.

Nothing to report.

A 23-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery, domestic interference with a report and criminal damage to property in the 2000 block of Vawter Street around 9 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender and the victim live together and are in a dating relationship.  The offender struck the victim several times, and the victim attempted to call 911 but the offender prevented her from doing so by destroying her cell phone.

A theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 100 block of West Illinois Street around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole the registration sticker from the license plate of the victim’s vehicle.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning