Police blotter for Nov. 29

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 41-year-old female was arrested on the charge of possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia at Taco Bell, 1910 W. Springfield Ave., around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender was stopped after it was reported that she had been driving erratically. She was found to be in possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia and a city notice to appear was issued.

An aggravated assault was reported in the 900 block of Bloomington Road around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender had knocked on the door of the victim’s residence. The offender then pointed a gun at the victim and threatened to shoot them. The victim was able to shut and lock the door and the suspect fled the scene.

An attempted internet scam was reported to the University around 1 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the victim had listed headphones for sale online and was contacted by a potential buyer. The buyer paid more than the negotiated price, and then instructed the victim to make a payment for a portion of the shipping costs. This was a type of online scam where the initial payment from the buyer does not clear. The victim then ended communication and neither the money nor headphones were exchanged.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 2700 block of Slayback Road around 7 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender had entered several victims’ vehicles and stole several items including cameras, keys and computers. An abandoned bicycle was found in the area of the burglaries.

A 57-year-old female was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 1200 block of Mitchem Drive around 6 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender and victim are friends who had previously dated. The offender was intoxicated and, during an argument about liquor and money, the offender battered the victim. After the offender had been arrested, she had claimed that she had been injured by the victim. The offender was taken to a local hospital where she was treated and released with no known injuries. The offender was then transported to the Champaign County Sheriffs Office jail and remains there at this time.