Police Blotter for Dec. 8

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 23-year-old female was arrested on the charge of retail theft at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., around 8 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender selected some clothing items off of a shelf and went to customer service to ask for a refund.

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 2500 block of William Street around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim reported numerous incidents of criminal damage to their mailbox, plants and other items of property.

A domestic battery was reported in the 1700 block of Melrose Village Circle around 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender and victim are in a dating relationship and were involved in a dispute regarding the date they had. The victim says she was grabbed and pushed by the offender.

A theft was reported at the Urbana Free Library, 210 W. Green St., around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle had been locked to a rack outside of the library. The unknown offender stole the victim’s bicycle, the bike lock and a flashlight.

Nothing to report.