Police Blotter for Feb. 6

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft over $500 was reported at the McDonald’s on 601 N. Cunningham Ave. around 8 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim was at work and placed her purse in an unlocked work locker. The 42-year-old female offender then entered the locker and took currency from the victim’s purse.

Multiple charges were reported at the Casey’s General Store on 2100 E. University Ave. around 1 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim and offender used to be in a dating relationship. The victim stated she got into an argument with the offender, who then punched the victim in the face and took currency. The offender fled the scene on foot and is charged with theft and domestic battery.

Vehicle theft was reported in the 2000 block of South First Street between Monday and Thursday. According to the report, the van which had an estimated value of $2,000 was discovered abandoned in Sumner, Illinois.

Retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 5:00 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 18-year-old offender was caught after store security called police after seeing her attempt to leave the store without paying for a T-shirt with a retail value of $10.89. The offender was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court.

A case of forgery was reported at Kay’s Jewelry, 2000 N. Neil St., around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s identity had been used to establish fraudulent credit accounts, and several items of jewelry were stolen.

A 27-year old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery and criminal damage to property in the 400 block of North Third Street around 5 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim and caused damage to the window of the victim’s vehicle.