Police Blotter for Feb. 20, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported near the intersection of Third and Chalmers streets around 12:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown suspect damaged the front passenger window of the victim’s vehicle.

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charges of burglary, obstructing identification and obstructing justice at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., around 3:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender took merchandise from the business without paying.

Credit card fraud was reported in the 300 block of Busey Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender cloned the victim’s credit card and used it to make purchases at a store in Tempe, Arizona.

A 25-year-old male was arrested on the charges of public urination and possession of open alcohol and a 24-year-old male was arrested for having a warrant out on him at Circle K, 1821 Philo Road, around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the first man arrested was seen urinating in the parking lot of the business while in possession of an open alcohol container. The second man arrested was found to have a warrant out for his arrest and was subsequently taken to jail.

Vandalism was reported at Altgeld Hall, 1409 W. Green St., overnight Thursday. According to the report, a University employee reported that someone damaged an entry door. The cost for repair was $250.

An 18-year-old female was issued a state court notice for retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 6 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, store security personnel called police after seeing the offender attempt to leave the store with books and other supplies with a total retail value of $599.