Police blotter for Feb. 21, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A sexual assault was reported at the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house, 611 E. Daniel St., around 11:30 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the 20-year-old female victim reported she was sexually assaulted by the suspect.

A sexual assault was reported on the 400 block of East Green Street around 8 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the 19-year-old female victim was uncooperative during questioning.

Multiple charges were reported in the 4800 block of West Windsor Road around noon Saturday. According to the report, the 22-year-old male suspect became agitated and broke things inside the residence. He left, but then returned and battered one resident and then apparently flashed a badge and told a witness he was a police officer.

A 41-year-old male was arrested on the charge of public urination in the 900 block of Bloomington Road around 5 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the individual is homeless and was found urinating near the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, 910 W. Bloomington Road.

Theft was reported at Den Liquors, 606 S. Sixth St., around 7 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the business and stole a bottle of liquor.

A sexual assault was reported at an unnamed residence hall at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Theft was reported at the Espresso Royale in the Grainger Engineering Library, 1201 W. Springfield Ave., sometime Wednesday. According to the report, cash had been stolen from the back room of the cafe. The cash had been left unattended outside of a safe.

A 23-year-old female was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence of alcohol near Green and First Streets around 3 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender’s vehicle was initially stopped for driving at night without headlights.

Assisting of the sick and injured was reported at Walgreens, 302 E. University Ave., around 1:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the 21-year-old male victim was confused and called the police after thinking he’d been battered. After the police got there, the victim did not remember calling the police and didn’t know if he’d been battered. The victim displayed signs of mental impairment and was taken to an area hospital.

Theft was reported at Wal-Mart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 5:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a victim’s misplaced cell phone. It was estimated to be valued over $500.