Garth Brooks to headline State Farm Center in April

Garth Brooks will be performing at State Farm Center on April 29.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Country music legend Garth Brooks will perform at the State Farm Center on April 29.

Country singer Trisha Yearwood will join Brooks in his stop to Champaign as part of Brooks’ World Tour. It has been 20 years since Brooks performed in Champaign, the last being at what was then Assembly Hall on March 7,1997.

Brad Swanson, assistant director of marketing and sales at the State Farm Center, said that State Farm Center director, Kevin Ullestad, has been working on the show for about three years.

“Garth has been on tour for about that long, this world tour he’s doing,” Swanson said. “They started having conversations way back then and of course we just have our renovations completed, so things kind of worked out for this date and we’re able to get him back.”

According to Swanson, when he was here 20 years ago Brooks said he would try to come back to Champaign before the end of his career.

“This is him making good on that promise, so it’s pretty cool,” said Swanson.

Tickets will go on sale March 10 at 10 a.m. They will be available for $74.98.

According to Swanson, this would be the only price point for the show regardless of the position of the seat. It includes all of the ticket costs and fees.

“It’s a really inexpensive price when you consider the popularity of Garth,” Swanson said. “It’s one of his calling cards, he likes to make his tickets as affordable as he can for his fans.”

Due to the popularity of the show, there will be no pre-sale or discount available for students.

The only two ways to buy tickets for the show are through the State Farm Center website or by calling in. The ticket office will not be selling tickets due to the high amount of demand.

“Based on demand from the fans, it is very likely we will add additional shows,” Swanson said. “But that decision will be [made] by Garth’s management.”

The information about additional shows will be announced on the State Farm Center website and social media.