Police blotter for Feb. 28

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police blotter for Feb. 28

A battery was reported in the 300 block of East Armory Avenue around 6:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim was battered by an unknown offender.

A 67-year-old male was arrested on the charges of aggravated battery and disorderly conduct at Panera Bread, 616 E. Green St., around 6 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim was spat on by the offender, who had also been disorderly inside the business.

A theft was reported at Campus Recreation Center East, 1102 W. Gregory Drive, between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim reported that an unknown offender had stolen cash from his locked locker.

A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charges of delivery of cannabis, obstructing identification and trespassing on state-supported property at Barton Hall, 1205 S. Fourth St., around 9:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, a resident adviser had originally called the officers after they had smelled cannabis originating from the offender’s room. When initially questioned, the offender gave a fake name and identification. Officers then found packaged cannabis for sale in the offender’s pockets. The police also did a records check on the offender, revealing he previously had been issued a no-trespassing notice for University property.

An incident of credit card fraud was reported at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., around 2:00 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim lost her debit card at a local business when an unknown offender found the debit card and made several unauthorized transactions.

An incident of a public animal bite was reported in the 1200 block of Florida Avenue around 1:00 p.m. Monday. According to the report, a brown Australian Shepherd mix bit a white Toy Poodle as it was exiting the building. The Shepherd was put under a ten day quarantine at home.