Police blotter for Mar. 8, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A residential burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West University Avenue around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, several items of clothing were stolen by an unknown offender from the victim’s front porch.

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charge of retail theft at Schnucks, 109 N. Mattis Ave. around 6:00 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole medicine from the store and evaded loss prevention. He was later located and arrested, and the merchandise was recovered.

A theft was reported in the 00 block of E. John Street around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim reported that their wallet was missing and their credit cards had been used by an unknown offender.

A theft was reported at Wassaja Hall, 1202 S. First St. sometime between Feb. 28 and March 2. According to the report, the victim had left their load of clothes in a dryer for several days. During that time, the victim’s jacket, with an estimated value of $150, was stolen from the laundry room.

A case of vandalism was reported at the English Building, 608 S. Wright St. around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a University employee reported that a blue swastika had been drawn on an exterior wall of the building. The graffiti was promptly removed.

A theft was reported to have taken place at the Engineering Hall, 1308 W. Green St. sometime between Feb. 24 and 25. According to the report, cash belonging to a student organization had been reported stolen out of a locked office by a University employee.

A case of property damage was reported at Campus Recreation Center East, 1102 W. Gregory Drive around 7:00 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender caused damage to a locker door, with estimated repair costs totaling around $100.

A case of credit card fraud was reported at Eastern Illinois Food Bank, 2405 N. Shore Drive around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s credit card and used it to make purchases without their permission.

A theft was reported in the 1000 block of Anderson Street around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bicycle, which had been secured in their apartment complex.

A theft was reported at the Urbana Free Library, 210 W. Green St. around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s unattended purse. Some of the items stolen include a tablet device, a license plate, documents and several medications.