Police blotter for Mar. 15, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported at Dollar General, 817 Bloomington Road, around 7 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender attempted to take over 20 items without paying. The offender fled the scene when confronted.

A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charges of motor vehicle theft, obstructing justice and driving without a valid drivers license near the intersection of Neil Street and Columbia Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, officers recovered a stolen vehicle and arrested the driver.

A 25-year-old male was arrested on the charge of failure to appear in court for an outstanding warrant at Weston Hall, 204 E. Peabody Drive, around midnight Tuesday. According to the report, a housing security officer called the police after learning of the warrant.

Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, Friday. According to the report, the victim reported that an unknown offender stole her wallet sometime between 6:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. The offender attempted two unauthorized transactions with the victim’s debit card, both of which were declined.

A 25-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 1200 block of East Main Street around 7 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender and victim are in a dating relationship, live together and have children together. The offender pushed and struck the victim, causing injury to the victim.

A 31-year-old male was arrested on the charges of criminal damage to property and unlawful cannabis manufacturing in the 800 block of Kerr Avenue around 10:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender and victim are in a dating relationship and live together. An argument developed and the offender damaged the victim’s phone, who claimed she was trying to call 911. Both subjects admitted to shoving each other during the argument. When the offender was taken into custody, cannabis and a scale were found.