Police Blotter for March 17

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

Ryan Fang

Ryan Fang

A 31-year-old male was reported for criminal Damage to property, at the 1600 block of Melrose Park CT., at around 11:30 on Wednesday. According to the report, 2 door frames were damaged when the offender forced entry into the apartment.

A 19-year-old male was reported for driving under the influence, at University Ave E. and Highcross Road, at around 12 a.m Tuesday. According to the report, the driver had slurred speech, smelt of alcohol, and failed a field sobriety tests. After being taken into custody, the arrestee had a BAC of over .08. The passenger of the vehicle was transported to the hospital based on her intoxication level and an injury to her nose.

An unknown assailant was reported having stolen a wallet at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday Evening. According to the report, the wallet was left out at the centers gym area.

An unknown assailant was reported having stolen various video game equipment, including the games console, controller, and playing cards. According to the report, the theft, reported at Loomis Laboratory, 1110 W. Green St., occurred between February 25th-28th. The items have an estimated value of $145.

A residential burglary was reported in the 00 block of Howard Dr. around 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, a vacant property was reported burglarized and two windows were damaged.

A 21-year-old female was arrested on the charge of retail theft at County Market, 331 Stoughton St., around 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender attempted to steal several food items and was issued a notice to appear for retail theft.