Police blotter for March 29

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Police blotter for March 29

The University of Illinois police on campus.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and aggravated battery was reported on the 300 block of East Washington Street around 8 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim was shot by an unknown suspect.

Burglary was reported on the 100 block of Daniel Street around 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown suspect stole a safe, backpack and eyeglasses from a residence.

Aggravated battery was reported on the 100 block of Kenwood Road around 9:15 p.m. on Tuesday. According to a report, the victim was struck by an unidentified suspect’s vehicle in a parking lot.

Failure to register an address as a sex offender was reported on the 1400 block of Romine Street around 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the 22-year-old man was arrested for not disclosing his address with the law enforcement agency after claiming to be homeless. The address was also in an exclusion zone because it was too close to a day care.

Public urination was reported at the intersection of Broadway Avenue and Elm Street around 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the 70-year-old man was arrested for urinating at the base of a U.S. mailbox. He was issued a city notice to appear and released.

An arrest was made near the intersection of Fifth Street and Armory Avenue around 6 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the 37-year-old man had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court and the police officer recognized the man and was aware of the warrant.

An arrest was made near the intersection of Fifth Street and University Avenue around 6:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the 20-year-old man had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court, and his vehicle was initially stopped for speeding.