Police Blotter for April 20

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

An attempt of criminal sexual assault and sexual abuse was reported in the 700 block of Locust St. around 2:00 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the 25-year-old male suspect entered her apartment and attempted to have sex with her while she was asleep.

Theft was reported in the 1700 block of Burnetta St around 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown suspect stole the victim’s puppy. 

An arrest was made on charges of possession of cannabis in the 2000 block of Moreland Bl. around 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, a notice to appear in court was issued for the cannabis possession and a stolen vehicle was recovered.

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on charges of domestic dispute and unlawful possession of a weapon in the 2000 block of Vawter St. around 1:00 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, 27-year-old female offender and victim are in a relationship, live together and engaged in a verbal argument. A third party called 911 and the firearm was mentioned, resulting in the arrest of the 31 year-old male victim.

An arrest was made on charges of trespassing in the 1200 block of Harding Dr. around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the 53-year-old male arrestee was found on the property where he had been previously banned. He was asked to leave and give an notice to appear.

An arrest was made on charges of home invasion and criminal damage to property in the 800 block of Oakland Ave. around 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the two arrestees, a 22-year-old female and 36-year-old male, forced entry into the first victim’s apartment. One of the offenders damaged property and struck the second victim.