Women’s Resource Center moves, hosting open house

The+Women%27s+Resource+Center+will+no+longer+be+neighboring+Cocomero+on+Wright+St.+The+center+has+moved+to+616+E+Green+St.+and+it+is+hosting+an+open+house+on+June+30+to+showcase+the+space.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Women's Resource Center will no longer be neighboring Cocomero on Wright St. The center has moved to 616 E Green St. and it is hosting an open house on June 30 to showcase the space.

Lily Katz

Lily Katz

Lily Katz

By Jessica Bursztynsky, Interim Editor-in-Chief

The Women’s Resource Center has moved from its Wright St. location to 616 E. Green St., Suite 202, and is hosting an open house June 30 to showcase their new space.

The Friday event also coincides with Director Pat Morey’s last day of work before she retires.

In April, Morey told the Daily Illini that she thinks the move could affect the center’s outreach.

“We’ve been in this building for seven years,” Morey said. “Moving won’t affect the programming, but it will likely affect the attendance to some level.” 

The event is from 3 to 5 p.m. and light refreshments will be provided.

RSVPs are encouraged and able available to do so on their website.