University receives competitive grant from USDA

The+USDA+awarded+the+University+almost+%24950%2C000+in+funding+for+pollinator+research.+Rep.+Rodney+Davis+is+chairman+of+the+subcommittee+of+such+research.+

TNS

The USDA awarded the University almost $950,000 in funding for pollinator research. Rep. Rodney Davis is chairman of the subcommittee of such research.

By Jessica Bursztynsky, Interim Editor-in-Chief

The United States Department of Agriculture awarded the University nearly $950,000 to fund pollinator research.

United States Rep. Rodney Davis, representing the 13th congressional district, is chairman of the agriculture subcommittee on horticulture, research, biotechnology and foreign agriculture.

“I’m pleased that USDA’s flagship competitive grant program chose the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, to conduct research vital to our understanding of pollinator health,” said Davis in a press release. “With pollinator decline at unprecedented levels, it is vital now more than ever that we gain a better understanding of this issue, and the research conducted under these competitive grants will help us reach that goal.”

The USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture awarded $7.6 million in grants total, spread across 21 grants, into research.