Blotter for Aug. 30

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made at Rural King, 913 W Marketview Dr, around 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the 29-year-old male committed two thefts in two days, including three chain saws. He was located and arrested.

Burglary was reported on the 500 block of S Third St. around 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown suspect entered an unlocked vehicle overnight and stole the victim’s purse, including currency and medicine.

Criminal sexual abuse was reported on the 300 block of W Green St. around 5:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, an intoxicated 24-year-old male got in bed with the victim, kissed her and attempted to remove her undergarments. The offender was contacted and interviewed, and no arrests have been made.

A University student reported herself to be a victim of “deceptive practices” at 5:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the student received a call from an unknown person claiming to be an IRS agent. The caller demanded $600 worth of digital music gift cards.

A University student reported that she had been receiving “threatening calls” from unknown people at 3 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the calls began on Aug. 21 and have continued since.

University student Nicolas Alba-Suarez was arrested at the English Building, 608 S. Wright Street, around 2:00 a.m. on Wednesday for burglary and trespassing on state-supported property. According to the report, A witness observed Alba-Suarez climb construction scaffolding to the roof. Police arrived to find Alba-Suarez exiting the building with a record player and a box of vinyl records worth a total estimated value of $550.

A theft was reported on the 1200 block of Anderson Street around 2:00 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender took the victim’s bicycle from their garage while it was temporarily opened.

A home invasion and residential burglary was reported on the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue around 4:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, unknown offenders entered an Urbana residence without permission and held occupants at gunpoint. The offenders left with stolen cash and electronic devices.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1700 block of Colorado avenue around 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked car and took an old purse. The purse was found a short distance from the car without anything missing.