Police Blotter for Sept. 14

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police Blotter for Sept. 14

A case involving aggravated assault and armed robbery was reported on the 1500 block of Paula Drive around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim was robbed at knifepoint after making a food delivery. The victim has not yet been identified or located.

A theft was reported on the 500 block of West University Avenue around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim reported that his bicycle had been stolen.

A theft was reported at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a student had his cellphone, valued at around $400, taken from him.

A theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the student left his laptop, valued at around $2,400, unattended in a cubicle.

An identity theft was reported on the 600 block of East Burkwood Court around 3 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender has been using the victim’s information to open lines of credit.  

A case involving deceptive practices was reported on the 100 block of North Busey Avenue around 8 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim sent money to the unknown offender for supplies before he began employment. The offender then sent the victim a bad check to reimburse the expenses for the supplies.