Police Blotter for Sept. 18

Back to Article
Back to Article

Police Blotter for Sept. 18

Domestic battery was reported at America’s Best Inn on the 1000 block of Bloomington Road around 7 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim was battered by the suspect who was has not been located.

A case involving criminal damage to property was reported on the 1500 block of Bellepark Drive around 7 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown subject broke the rear window of the victim’s vehicle.

A theft was reported near George Huff Drive and Race Street in Urbana around 9 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University-owned string trimmer, with an estimated value of $200, was left unattended and later stolen.

A University student was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court for charges of attempted retail theft. According to the report, around 4 p.m. Thursday at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St. in Champaign, bookstore employees contacted police after the student attempted to leave the store without paying for a textbook valued at $154.

Domestic battery was reported on the 400 block of West Park Street around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the arrestee was highly intoxicated. The victim’s injuries were noted as “minor but apparent.”

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1200 block of Linview Avenue around 5:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender opened the unlocked a car to remove property. When confronted by the victim, the offender admitted to other burglaries. The offender has not yet been located.