The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 5

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Domestic battery was reported on the 1000 block of Bloomington Road around 11:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, a witness saw the offender and victim engaged in a physical altercation, and the two gave conflicting statements on how the altercation occurred.

Aggravated battery was reported at Village Pantry, 1201 N. Mattis Ave., around 11:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, two males battered the victim over financial debt.

Identity theft was reported on the 1100 block of Northwood Drive around 3 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender used the victim’s information without his permission to establish service from Ameren Illinois.

An arrest was made near the intersection of Goodwin Avenue and Green Street around 4 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the 35-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident. The arrestee fled the scene after his vehicle struck the rear bumper of another vehicle.

Theft was reported from the North Campus Parking Garage, 1201 W. University Ave., Monday. According to the report, the victim’s locked bicycle valued at $200 was stolen.

An arrest was made on the 600 block of West Park Street around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, a 38-year-old male was arrested in accordance with a Cook County warrant following his release from Carle Foundation Hospital.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 100 block of Stebbins Drive around 2:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender was evicted from her home and failed to remove her property in time. One door frame was damaged in the eviction.

Identity theft was reported on the 1400 block of Montgomery Street around 3 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s information was used to open a bank account. The bank account has been subsequently closed after being overdrawn.