The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 8

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated battery  and theft was reported on the 1100 block of North McKinley Avenue around 6 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender choked and battered the mother of his child. The offender fled the residence, stealing the victim’s pistol prior to police arrival. The offender has not been located at the time of the report.

Theft was reported at Courtyard Marriott, 1811 Moreland Blvd., around 10 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s jacket and keys were stolen from the hotel.

A 20-year-old male was arrested on multiple charges near the corner of Fifth and Daniel streets in Champaign around midnight Friday. According to the report, the offender was arrested for resisting or obstructing a police officer, driving under a suspended license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle with no valid registration.

Burglary was reported at the 1100 block of East Florida Avenue around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According the the report, an unknown offender forced entry into the victim’s locked residence and stole electronic items.

Domestic battery was reported on the 200 block of Grove Street around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender and victim were involved in a verbal dispute and admitted to damaging mutual property. The offender also struck the victim in the face.