The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 19

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Residential burglary was reported on the 600 block of West Green Street around 7 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s residence.

Criminal sexual assault was reported near the intersection of Green and First streets around 1:30 a.m Thursday. According to the report, the unknown victim went to the Carle Foundation Hospital emergency room to report being sexually assaulted but did not want it reported to police.

Aggravated battery was reported at Brothers Bar and Grill, 613 E. Green St., around 1 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the victim was battered by the offender at the bar.

An arrest was made near the intersection of Second and John streets around 2:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 19-year-old female student was driving under the influence of alcohol and was initially stopped for speeding and disobeying a stop sign.

Two state of Illinois notices to appear in court for retail theft were issued at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 2:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, store security personnel called police after seeing two 18-year-old male students attempt to leave the store without paying for merchandise.

An arrest was made near the intersection of State Street and Stanage Avenue for driving under the influence of alcohol and fleeing from police around 3:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, police attempted to stop the 23-year-old male’s vehicle because he was speeding and disobeyed a red light. The arrestee increased his speed and drove several more blocks before stopping for police.

Theft was reported on the 1200 block of East Harding Drive around 10:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender took a package containing a cellular phone from the victim’s front door.

An arrest was made on charges of possession of cannabis on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 5 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the officer conducted an investigative stop on a vehicle whose driver matched the description of a suspect in a burglary and stolen vehicle case in the area where the stolen vehicle was recovered from. During the investigation, the officer found one of the occupants of the vehicle had cannabis on his person.