The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 23

By The Daily Illini staff report

Theft was reported at McDonald’s, 616 E. Green St., around 12:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s iPhone was stolen out of the McDonald’s bathroom.

Disorderly conduct was reported at Little Caesars Pizza, 703 S. Neil St., around 4:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an employee called police to report a man inside the store with a gun, who left in a maroon Pontiac before police arrival.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 700 block of Corey Ln. around 12:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender, likely in another state, opened an account for cell phone service in the victim’s name.

An arrest for unauthorized videotaping was reported at State Farm Center, 1800 S. First Street, Champaign, around 9 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender followed three people into the restroom, while recording with his cellphone.

Deceptive practices was reported around 11 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim was contacted via social media on Jan. 7 by whom he believed to be a former elementary school classmate.  The offender, pretending to be his classmate, asked for access to the student’s checking account and promised to return additional money the following day. When the student checked his bank statement, it showed a significant negative balance.

An arrest was made at Walgreens, 1801 Philo Rd., around 3 p.m. Monday. According to the report, officers were called for a possible overdose in the parking lot and medical personnel provided medical aid for an apparent heroin overdose. The 26-year-old male admitted to operating a motor vehicle after using and was arrested and transported to Champaign County Jail.

Criminal sexual assault was reported on the 1600 block of Melrose Valley Ct. around 7:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim claimed to be sexually assaulted by the offender at an Urbana apartment. She did not provide many details, as she believed that she was drugged and had been drinking.

Domestic battery was reported on the 500 block of Springfield Ave. around 4 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender and victim are married and live together. The victim reported they had an argument over the phone, then the offender threw the victim’s phone and hit her in the face. The offender left on foot.