The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 2

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Residential burglary was reported on the 2500 block of Springfield Ave. around 9 a.m. Monday. According to the report, a suspect entered the victim’s apartment and removed a television. No signs of forced entry were reported.

Burglary was reported at Circle K, 1511 N. Prospect Ave., around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender requested to purchase cigarettes, but stole the carton while the clerk was distracted. He fled on foot and has been identified.

Theft was reported on the 200 block of W. Springfield around 9 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown suspect stole money off the victim’s desk.

Trespassing was reported on the 1100 block of Joanne Lane around 7 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a residence was entered through a back window by an unidentified suspect. Nothing was taken from the residence.

Burglary was reported at the Student Dining and Residential Programs building, 301 E. Gregory Dr., around 3 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect was trying to access a convenience store after hours. The suspect was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court.

Possession of cannabis with intent to deliver was reported near State and White streets, around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect was initially stopped because he failed to signal a turn. Officers found cannabis and packaging equipment after a police dog indicated there were drugs in the vehicle.

Theft was reported at the Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Rd., around noon Wednesday. According to the report, the two adult male suspects distracted the cashier and left without paying for items.

A stray dog was reported on the 2300 block of Vermont ave around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a female black lab named Ginnie was at large for almost 30 minutes before being returning home.

Domestic battery and obstructing justice was reported at Rainbow Apartments on the 1000 block of S. Smith Road around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, offender and victim the 30 year old female victim were in a relationship, and the offender stabbed the victim and attempted to treat the victim’s wounds before the offender and victim went to the hospital. When an officer spoke with both the offender and the victim, the offender gave the officer a false name and left before the officer learned there was an arrest warrant previously out on the offender. The offender has not yet been located.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 700 block of N. Coler Avenue around 5 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took money.