The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 6

Back to Article
Back to Article

Service theft was reported on the 1100 block of N. Third Street around 9 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender exited a taxi without paying after having been transported.

Theft and the delivery/manufacturing of cannabis were reported on the 1300 block of S. Neil Street around noon Sunday. According to the report, the offender possessed counterfeit currency and attempted to make a transaction with the fake money. The offender was also in possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver it for sale.

Vandalism was reported at The Illini Union, 1401 W. Green Street, around 1 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender painted graffiti on the exterior walls near the north and south entrances of the Union. The estimated cost to remove the paint is $500. Similar situations were reported around 4:30 a.m. Friday at the Student Services Building, 713 S. Wright Street; around 7 a.m. Friday at the UGL, 1402 W. Gregory Drive and around 11:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Avenue.

Deceptive practices was reported around 5 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the student received a call from a person pretending to be an employee of the IRS and who claimed the student owed a fine and would be arrested if she did not pay. The caller directed the student to visit several stores and purchase $2000 in gift cards to pay the fine and the student complied.

An arrest for retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright Street, around 1 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the student attempted to leave the store without paying for three textbooks with a total retail value of $12.50. She admitted to police that she had stolen $200 worth of textbooks on previous occasions.

An arrest for retail theft was reported at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 6 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the arrestee attempted to leave the store without paying for eight CDs/DVDs.

Crisis intervention and disorderly conduct were reported at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center, 1400 W. Park Street, around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the patient made threats of harm to the nursing staff.