The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 8

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported on the 2000 block of Cynthia Drive around 5 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender took the victim’s wallet and fled the apartment on foot.

Retail theft was reported at Campus Pantry on the 100 block of E. Green Street around 3 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the business and stole money.

Theft was reported at Illini Tower, 409 E. Chalmers St., around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s gaming console.

Residential burglary was reported on the 2100 block of Mayfair Road around 9 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s garage and removed items. The victim’s vehicle was unlocked and also entered, but nothing was taken from the vehicle.

Vandalism was reported at Coble Hall, 801 S. Wright St., around noon Wednesday. According to the report, an employee reported that someone drew graffiti on the exterior wall of the building with black marker and is believed to have been done several months ago.

Theft was reported around 9 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim lost his wallet on a campus bus and the wallets was later returned to the victim with its contents missing.

Retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender was issued a notice to appear in court for retail theft after store security personnel called police after seeing the offender attempt to leave the store without paying for a $90 textbook.

An arrest on charges of criminal defacement of property was made at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 1 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the 20-year-old arrestee was identified by police as the person who painted graffiti on four campus buildings Friday.  

Extortion was reported around 1:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the victim met a person online who threatened to publish compromising photos of the victim unless the victim sent money and clothing to the person between December and February.

Residential burglary was reported on the 300 block of Crystal Lake Drive around noon Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender forcibly entered the victim’s home and stole money and other items.

An instate warrant was reported on the 700 block of Cunningham Avenue around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the police made contact with the arrestee at his residence after finding information that he was wanted on an out-of-county warrant. He was arrested and transported to the Champaign county jail.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 800 block of Kerr Ave. around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender and victim are in a dating relationship and have a child in common. They entered in a verbal dispute.

Theft of lost/mislaid property was reported on the 1600 block of Lincoln Avenue around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s lost debit card from a local apartment complex workout area. There is no video footage of the area, the card was cancelled and no fraudulent charges occurred.