Steven Crowder to livestream instead of live show

By Samantha Boyle, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Steven Crowder’s live show has been cancelled due to setup demands and funding issues. However, Crowder will be setting up a Change My Mind livestream from the Main Quad and will start streaming at 7 p.m. tonight.

According to the Illini Republican press release, Crowder and his team needed access to the auditorium in Lincoln Hall for the entire day before the performance. Since Lincoln Hall is an academic building and classes are held there until 5 p.m. on most days, these demands are not able to be met.  

New and unexpected funding demands were also requested from Crowder’s team. However, the Illini Republicans do not have that kind of capital, according to the press release.

Crowder posted a video on Youtube on Wednesday addressing these issues and explaining the solution. Crowder said there was miscommunication between his team and the University about security being present at the event. In the video, Crowder said they would pay out of their pockets to compensate campus police officers, if necessary.

According to the Illini Republicans, they invited Crowder because he was polled favorably among the members and was readily available.