To the Orange Podcast | Dan Balz, Washington Post Chief Political Correspondent

By Joseph Longo and Aaron Navarro

“To the Orange” is a Daily Illini podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now.

Dan Balz has covered politics for the heralded Washington Post, 40 years and running. He met his wife, Nancy, here on campus, while simultaneously reporting on iconic historical events as a young journalist in the late 60s and 70s. Think Rev. Martin Luther King’s assassination in 1968. Balz also analyzes the mold-breaking presidency of Donald Trump and what that means for news organizations covering politics right now.

Thanks again to Dan Balz for hopping on the podcast!

About the Writers
Joseph Longo, Managing Editor for Reporting

I’m a junior majoring in journalism from Chicago. Prior to being managing editor for reporting, I worked as a assistant news editor and a general assignment reporter. When not working, I stay updated on all thing cinema and culture, specifically music festivals and award shows.

Aaron Navarro, Audio Editor

Aaron is a junior majoring in broadcast journalism from Lindenhurst, Illinois, though when people ask, he just tells them Six Flags. He started at The Daily Illini fall of his freshman year as a news writer, and he is now the Audio editor and host of the “Weekly Illini” podcast (on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, and SoundCloud). Outside of the newsroom, Aaron is probably doing something with music or scrolling through too much political Twitter.