The Daily Illini police blotter for April 16

Back to Article
Back to Article

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Home invasion was reported on the 3700 block of Colleen Drive around 2 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim was battered by another female who entered her home without permission. A suspect has been identified but not located.

An arrest was made on charges of aggravated battery and domestic battery on the 2100 block of West White Street around 10 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a physical altercation took place between a dating couple. The offender allegedly cut the victim with a knife and was arrested.

Armed robbery was reported on the 3700 block of Colleen Drive around 12 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victims were robbed at gunpoint. Among the allegedly stolen items were a cell phone and a credit card.

Nothing to report at this time.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 200 block of West Park Street around 9 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole items included a purse, 2 credit cards, a driver’s license and currency.

Home invasion was reported on the 700 block of East University Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, three offenders forced entry into a residence and stole property from the victim’s home while holding them at gunpoint.

Retail theft was reported at Dollar General, 1506 N. Cunningham Ave., around 8 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, unknown offenders entered the store, concealed items and left without paying for them.