The Daily Illini police blotter for April 20

Theft of under $500 was reported on the 900 block of Crescent Drive around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a purse or wallet, one currency and one clothing item were stolen.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 1100 block of North Market Street around 8:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender asked the victim if she wanted a ride and then asked for her phone number. She was scared and ran home.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 800 block of West Vine Street around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s window was damaged in a possible burglary attempt.

An arrest was made on the 1100 block of West Nevada Street around 1:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 41-year-old male offender was arrested under the charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of a look-alike substance.

Threatening looks were reported at the Main Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive, around 5 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a student reported a man stared at him for a long time and speaking incoherently.

Theft of under $500 was reported on the 1400 block of West Park Street around 10 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen from a bike rack.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 1200 block of East Harding Drive around 4 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim sent a gift card to the offender, who claimed to be the IRS.