The Daily Illini blotter for May 28

Aggravated battery was reported at the 1000 block of North Walnut Street around 7 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim reported he was battered by the offender. Neither the offender or an alleged witness were located at the time of the report.

Aggravated battery, theft and resistance/obstruction to arrest was reported at the 2000 block of North Neil Street at the Market Place Mall around 1 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect entered the business with the intent to steal (intent to resell the merchandise), resisted arrest and battered staff from the business and mall security.

Child abduction was reported at the corner of Ash and Washington Streets around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unidentified suspect approached a juvenile and asked him to get in her vehicle.

Disorderly conduct was reported at the 600 block of East Green Street around 2:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, a female was harassed by a male after leaving McDonald’s. The female used force to get away from the male. No arrests were made.

Driving under the influence of drugs was reported at the corner of Kirby Avenue and Grandview Drive around 9 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the driver fell asleep at the wheel. He was arrested for driving under the influence.

Trespassing was reported at Burrill Hall, 407 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana, around 8 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the offender trespassed on state-supported property. Police initially were called by a UI employee who saw the offender, who previously had been issued a no trespassing notice for UI property, sleeping in the building. One arrest was made.

Theft was reported at Trelease Hall, 901 W. College Court, Urbana, between Saturday and Tuesday. According to the report, a UI employee reported video gaming equipment and a jacket had been stolen from his residence. The room was left unattended and unlocked while renovations were occurring. The stolen items have a total estimated value of $680.

Aggravated assault, resisting/obstructing police arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and cannabis possession were reported at the 100 block of West Main Street around 3 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender battered both police officers by stretching and kicking them while the officers were arresting the offender. Cannabis and a device used to smoke cannabis were located in the offender’s possession. The offender was arrested and transported to the Champaign County Satellite Jail.

Driving under the influence was reported at the 800 block of West Bradley Avenue around 4:30 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the arrestee was involved in a single vehicle traffic crash. The arrestee smelled strongly of an alcoholic beverage, had glassy, bloodshot eyes and was slurring her speech. One of arrest was made and the arrestee’s license was revoked.