The Daily Illini blotter for June 7

Aggravated battery was reported at AT&T, 2033 S. Neil St., Champaign, around noon on Tuesday. According to the report, the reporting party stated he was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of the AT&T store. The suspect fled the scene in a gray Dodge Dart with an unknown state license plate.

Aggravated battery was reported at the corner of Northwood Street and Willis Avenue around 6 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, a female pulled a knife out of her purse and cut another female’s arm. The victim was treated at a hospital for the wound. No arrests were made.
Aggravated battery and aggravated assault were reported at the 200 block of South Mattis Avenue around 6 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the victim was struck in the head by one subject with an umbrella. A second suspect attempted to stab the victim with a knife. No arrests have been made.

Driving under the influence of drugs, operation of an uninsured motor vehicle and illegal transportation of liquor were reported at the corner of Redwood and South Northwood Drives around 9 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the driver was stopped for a traffic violation. The driver displayed numerous indicators of impairment and was arrested.

Home invasion was reported at the 1100 block of South Fourth Street around 10 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the reporting party stated that when he woke in the morning, his hands were bound together between his legs with a scarf. Additionally, his mouth was covered with another scarf, making him unable to communicate. The reporting party did not have any suspect information.

Battery was reported at the Red Lion, 211 E. Green St., Champaign, around 1 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, a bartender was battered by an unidentified assailant. The offender fled eastbound on John Street toward Fourth Street.

A state of Illinois notice to appear in court on charges of battery were reported at the Red Lion, 211 E. Green St., Champaign, around 1 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the arrestee was charged with assault, resisting a police officer and criminal trespass after being told by bar staff to leave the premises.

Cruelty to animals was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, Champaign, around 7 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, officers responded to a report of a dog locked in a vehicle for at least an hour at the ARC.

An arrest was made on charges of obstructing justice and trespassing on railroad property at the corner of Green and Locust Streets around 9 p.m. on Friday.

Aggravated battery of a child was reported at the 2100 block of Anderson Street around 5 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim was playing in the park with the offender’s child. The victim pushed the offender’s son to the ground. The offender went over to the victim and pushed him away from his son and the victim fell to the ground. No arrests were made.

Assault, aggravated assault, resistance/obstruction to police arrest and aggravated battery were reported at the 1700 block of Philo Road around 5 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, a suspect entered a restaurant and caused a disturbance. When the employee/victim asked the suspect to leave, the suspect became assaultive. The male suspect was stopped after leaving the restaurant and became assaultive toward officers. When the male suspect was arrested, he resisted arrest.

Delivery/possession/intent to deliver meth and robbery were reported at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Road, Urbana, around 2 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victim reported that she was driven to a local business by a friend. The victim reported that upon arrival, she was battered by the offender, who had arrived in a separate vehicle and money and cigarettes were taken from her purse during the battery. Illegal drugs were located inside the vehicle. The victim reported the drugs belonged to her friend who’d driven her there. The friend admitted he tried to sell the drugs to the victim. The friend was arrested and taken to the Champaign County Jail and the offender of the robbery was not located.