The Daily Illini police blotter for June 25

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing writer

Burglary was reported on the 300 block of West Green Street around 10:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, residents returned home to find their residence had been burglarized and 35 items have been reported stolen.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 00 block of East Green Street around noon Sunday. According to the report, the victim returned to his apartment to find his window broken. No entry was made and nothing was taken; there is no information about the suspect.

Aggravated battery was reported on the 600 block of East Green Street around 9 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, a male kicked another male in front of police officers.

An arrest was made on the charge of unlawful firearm possession on the 100 block of East Green Street around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the suspect’s vehicle was stopped because he disobeyed a stop sign, but a passenger in the vehicle was cited for possession of cannabis. The driver, as well as the three other occupants of the vehicle, were issued no trespassing notices on University property.

An arrest was made on the charge of theft near Matthews Avenue and Main Street around 1:30 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the suspect was identified as the person who stole a bicycle from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Building, 306 N. Wright St.

Theft was reported at Dollar General, 1506 N. Cunningham Ave., around 3:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the store before concealing three pieces of clothing in her purse and leaving without paying for them. The offender has not been located.

Theft was reported at PNC Bank, 507 S. Broadway Ave., around 1:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown individual stole the victim’s debit card from an ATM machine.

An arrest was made on the 2000 block of Vawter Street around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the arrestee was found to have two Champaign County warrants and was subsequently arrested and transported to jail.