Chris Young to perform at State Farm Center

Photo Courtesy of Jeff Johnson

Chris Young kicks off his “Losing Sleep” tour at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Jan. 11.

By Vishesh Anand, Staff Writer

Country singer Chris Young is scheduled to perform at the State Farm Center on Oct. 27 at 7:30 p.m. as a part of his 55 show circuit to promote his new album, “Losing Sleep.”

Young’s album was released in October last year and debuted No. 5 on Billboard 200.

On June 20, the artist announced a 15-show extension to his ongoing “Chris Young Losing Sleep 2018 World Tour,” which now includes Champaign.

Additionally, country music duo Dan + Shay, Australian singer-songwriter Morgan Evans and musical artist Dee Jay Silver will be featured on the tour as Young’s opening acts.

The tour is being produced and promoted by AEG Presents, a live music company that has worked with artists such as The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber.

Bradley Swanson, assistant director of marketing and sales for the State Farm Center, said they used to have a strong relationship with AEG, but that’s not the case anymore. While the Center was undergoing $170 million in renovations, they did not get an opportunity to collaborate with AEG.

“We are looking forward to renewing that relationship,” Swanson said.

Swanson said Young’s show is an exciting addition to State Farm Center’s event lineup for the fall. Over the month of September, the center will be hosting rocks bands, Counting Crows and The Avett Brothers, country artist Jake Owen, as well as a live show for kids, Paw Patrol Live.

Tickets for Chris Young at the State Farm Center go live on June 28 at 10 a.m. Tickets prices range from $39.50-$79.50 plus fees.