The Daily Illini police blotter for June 10

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing Writer

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 600 block of Crescent Drive around 11:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the windshield and back window of the victim’s car.

An arrest was made on the charge of animal cruelty on the 2600 block of North Prospect Avenue around 2 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the suspect left his dog in his car without air conditioning on, on a 92-degree day. The temperature in the vehicle reached 107 degrees.

An arrest was made on the charge of theft at Walmart, 2610 N. Prospect Ave., around 9:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim informed the police his stolen vehicle was in the parking lot. The vehicle was located and the suspect driving the vehicle was arrested.

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on the charge of burglary on the 1200 block of North Coler Avenue around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole money. As the suspect was getting arrested, he also disobeyed commands and attempted to get away.

Burglary was reported on the 200 block of Stebbins Drive around 6:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and stole the television.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 400 block of East Florida Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim requested police assistance to report a transfer of funds under false pretenses.